Have you ever wondered how to
- harness the power of information in your industrial enterprise?.
- have variety of smart assets, devices, processes and people exchange data with each other in real time – bridge the divide between IT and OT?
- create efficiencies at every step of the value chain, enabling a closed-loop model leveraging IIoT?
If you answered yes to any of the 3 questions above this post is for you. This post covers a brief overview of a simple 3 step solution that allows you to take the data from the plant floor and store it in the cloud so that you easily convert it into meaningful insights leveraging InTouch Machine Edition and Wonderware Online Insight, giving you a hardware agnostic solution for connectivity, simplified integration and ready access to KPIs and reports. This Wonderware IIoT can be leveraged for decision support, visibility and access to industrial data enabling smarter machines and continuous performance improvements. Bonus, at the end of the article you can find details on how try Wonderware Historian InSight FREE for One Year!
Schneider Electric’s Software solutions help client’s people, processes and assets move along the “big data” maturity curve to drive transformation from data collection wisdom through a four-phase, closed loop model:
- Connect: Broadening the connectivity layer with low-cost, low-power sensors
- Collect: Storing massive amounts of industrial data on premise and in the cloud
- Analyze/Contextualize: Converting industrial data into meaningful insights
- Act: Driving actions through real-time information and business logic
Here is how it works
Step 1: use InTouch Machine Edition HMI Software with native drivers to more than 240 communication protocols including support for MQTT driver to Connect to various devices
Step 2: Select the industrial data you would like Collect and analyze
Step 3: Publish the date into the Wonderware Online insight for meaningful insights and Analyze and drive actions through real-time information.
InTouch Machine Edition is an HMI Software designed specifically for embedded and OEM applications where a small footprint and cost effective price are paramount. The compact footprint makes it the ideal HMI for IIoT applications. It can deploy and run on small panel PCs, embedded devices and machines while offering remote HMI
- Out-of-box IIoT ready: Seamless Integration with Wonderware portfolio offers (e.g.System Platform, Historian, Wonderware Online) a natural extension for Wonderware customers looking to take advantageof IIoT applications.
- IIoT Capability:
- Cloud-based archiving facilitates limitless scalability for IIoT based applications that dictate high volume of interconnected devices
- Centrally configure and deploy embedded or machine-based applications to remote nodes from System Platform
- Share machine-based data across interconnected devices or across plants without disrupting existing System
- Run on Any and All Platforms: access on smartphones and tablets without any software installation.
About Wonderware Online Insight
Wonderware Historian InSight is your search engine for industrial data. With no training, customer reports, or need to ask for help; users simply enter keywords into the search box to retrieve relevant information for improved decision making, to ultimately drive higher productivity and increased profitability.
Try Wonderware Online InSight Historian FREE for One Year!
For a limited time, we are offering a free year of Wonderware Historian InSight. To be eligible for this offer, you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently a Wonderware Historian customer
- Have an active Customer FIRST agreement
- Have an Information Server Client license (named or concurrent)
*Please note, customers will receive one Historian InSight license per Information Server license.
The offer expires December 31, 2016 – so you must act fast!